What is WIC?
WIC is a health program that offers nutrition advice and provides checks for health foods to Rhode Island families who qualify.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- New moms
- Babies and children up to age 5
How does WIC help pregnant women?
WIC helps pregnant women be as healthy as possible during pregnancy, resulting in healthier babies. Pregnant women who participate in WIC
- Receive checks for healthy foods to support good nutrition during pregnancy
- Have babies with healthier weights
- Receive breastfeeding advice, making it easier to breastfeed their infants.
What does WIC help provide to help parents keep their children healthy?
- Nutrition advice
- Referrals to doctors, dentists, day care providers, and other services
- Checks to buy healthy food at local stores and farmers’ markets
WIC also provides services for fathers, grandparents, or foster parents with young children
Make an appointment by calling 401-453-3220 ext 100 or come to 224 Dexter street during our WIC hours:
Tuesday: 9 am- 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 9 am – 4:30pm
Thursday: 12 pm- 8 pm
Friday: 9 am- 4:30pm